All voters must present an ID containing the voter’s name and photograph when voting at the polls, whether voting early or on Election Day. The information on this website is provided to ensure that all Tennessee voters have access to information about the new law. If you have further questions, please see the Contact Us information at the bottom of the page.
Any of the following IDs may be used, even if expired:
- Tennessee driver license with your photo
- United States Passport
- Photo ID issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
- Photo ID issued by the federal or Tennessee state government
- United States Military photo ID
- Tennessee handgun carry permit with your photo
For more information please visit http://tn.gov/sos/election/photoID.htm
Tennessee Public Higher Education Institutions
Remember, only faculty and staff IDs may be accepted. A college student photo ID is not valid in order to vote.